JOB Profile of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)
- Assist the Loco Driver in fine-tuning the locomotive.
- Calling out Signal once Sighted
- Attending to Minor Repairs of the Locomotive
- Regularly checking the Efficiency of the Locomotive
- Job requires continuous attention and high degree of responsiveness
The strenuous nature of the job is compensated by allowances, e.g. Running Allowance. ALP are paid Running Allowance based on the monthly kilometers on the run.
Promotional Aspects of Railway Recruitment Board Assistant Loco Pilot (RRB ALP)
After the post of Assistant Loco Pilot, one can be promoted to Senior Assistant Loco Pilot and then Loco Pilot. After this level, you have the choice to become either a Power Controller or a Crew Controller or a Loco Foremen. (These posts have the added advantage of getting Running Allowance without actually running.)